Hello Ageless Belles! It’s me Dr. Mia. I’m your board-certified gynecologist and B3 SPECIALIST. I help women, my “Ageless Belles” struggling with weight gain, fatigue, and low sex drive improve their B3: beauty, balance, and belief through education and cutting-edge medicine (programs, media, speaking, blogs and books) so they can “live well, age beautifully.” Let’s learn healthy behaviors to beat the MIDDAY SLUMP!
Ageless Belles, I hope all is well. It’s summer so I hope you ladies have some kind of vacation planned so that you can enjoy time to relax and meditate! Trying to juggle husband, kids, work, family, friends, hobbies, exercise, healthy eating and fun can put you in a slump during the day. Here are some tips to beat the slump, so you can enjoy your Beauty, Balance and Belief!
5 secrets to beat the slump:
- Eat breakfast. You’ve heard it a million times, that’s because it’s true! Eating breakfast jump-starts your day and stops you from crashing midway through. Eating breakfast starts your metabolism for the day, skipping breakfast is one of the easiest ways to gain weight. Remember breakfast is eaten within the first hour of waking up!! A nutritious breakfast has protein, healthy fat and/or fiber.
- Eat frequent, small nutritional meals. You should eat every 2-3 hours. Eating small, healthy snacks throughout the day decreases your hunger and unhealthy cravings. Minimize sugar and simple carbohydrates like chips, sugary drinks, and sweets. Instead, try more nutritionally sound snacks with healthy fat, protein and/or fiber like almonds, fruit, greek yogurt, or veggies and hummus, to name a few.
- Stay hydrated. Don’t just reach for caffeine when you’re feeling tired. Fatigue can be a sign of dehydration, so keep water by your desk to keep you going. If you need a little flavor, add a splash of citrus. You should drink half your weight in ounces of water each day.
- Fit exercise into your morning. Try to awaken 30-60 minutes earlier and get your exercise in! The energy you’ll get from a good workout will sustain you throughout the day far better than an extra cup of coffee.
- Get some rest. Of course, a good night’s sleep doesn’t hurt either. Do your best to get seven to eight hours a night. Even when you feel you still have work to do, it’s better to get some sleep so you’re more productive the next day. Falling behind on sleep one night can set you back the rest of the week.
You owe it to yourself and the people you love to be the best version of you! “Live Well, Age Beautifully!”
Fatigue and lack of energy can definitely take you off your A Game! Now you know how to beat the slump so YOU can maintain your B3: beauty, balance, and belief. Don’t forget to download my NEW FREE eBook “25 Secrets To Live Well, Age Beautifully.”
Dr. Mia Cowan is a Board Certified Gynecologist, The B3 Specialist, speaker and author. She provides excellent care to adolescents and women of all ages for their gynecology care. She also has special interests and training in weight loss, hormonal balance, holistic medicine and minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Mia helps her “Ageless Belles” attain B3 – beauty, balance and belief through education and cutting edge medicine, so they can “live well, age beautifully!”